Jul. 10, 2017 / Updated by Bessie Shaw to Windows 10
Some Windows 10 users are unable to use their computer after their Windows start and stuck in endless reboot of SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED blue screen error. Some may also have this BSOD system_thread_exception_not_handled immediately a few seconds after entering the OS.
System_thread_exception_not_handled is the bug check message often with names like atikmdag.sys, nvlddmkm.sys, nwifi.sys, etc. that notice the faulty files. This blue screen error is mainly caused by outdated, incompatible or correctly configured drivers. Besides, a recently installed program can also result in the error.
If you get this error code unfortunately, don’t be worried. We’ve had some workarounds below, with which you could refer to solve your SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED error.
Note: If you can’t enter Windows 10 or your PC is stuck in the BSoD, go to Solution 4 directly.
If you can enter Windows 10 after the SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED blue screen, go and uninstall the program you’ve recently installed. If you are not sure which program or services or startup causes the blue screen, you can perform a clean boot to find out the troublemaker.
Corrupted system files can also result in System_thread_exception_not_handled blue screen error and many other issues like that, such as DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error, 0x0000003B System_Service_Exception error, Windows 10 INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error, etc. You can use CHKDSK command lines to verify and repair those faulty system files:
1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + X to launch the Jump List, and then select Command Prompt (Admin).
2. Type into the command line CHKDSK C: /F /R and hit the key Enter.
3. Follow the instruction on screen. Windows 10 will restart and find corrupted files in system. Just wait for a while until it finishes the work.
This solution is similar to the one in Solution 2, but a scanning over Windows 10 is really necessary to resolve the system_thread_exception_not_handled error.
1. Launch Command Prompt (Admin) in Windows 10.
2. Type SFC /scannow in to the dialog box and hit the key Enter.
3. Windows will execute the command. Once there’re errors, it will fix it automatically. When it finishes the work, restart you computer.
These BSoD-related articles may also interest you:
If you can sign in Windows 10, enter safe mode as usual. But if your computer is stuck in the blue screen and fails to access to Windows 10, or if it keeps rebooting over and over again, try the following:
Note: In this case, you can’t enter safe mode via the sign-in or lock screen or the desktop. But if the system fails to load configuration for a long time, Windows RE (Recovery Environment) will appear on the screen, with which you can enter the safe mode. When there’s no Recovery screen, try:
Choice 1: Start your computer and after several seconds, press and hold the power button to shut down. Repeat this over 3 times until you see the Recovery screen.
Choice 2: Start the PC, and then hold the Shift key and hit F8 frequently.
Follow the steps to enter safe mode and repair driver problems.
1. On the Recovery screen, click on the button See advanced repair options. And then select Troubleshoot, Advanced options, Windows Startup Settings and Restart in order. Press F4/F5 to Enter Safe Mode (with Networking).
2. Learn about which driver may cause the SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED error according to what you see on the blue screen. For example, atikmdag.sys means AMD Display graphics driver.
3. Go to Device Manager and uninstall the problematic driver. And then reinstall it in an appropriate version.
If you are not sure which driver should be uninstalled, you can use Driver Talent in safe mode, which is able to detect and verify faulty drivers on your computer and then reinstall the best-match drivers. Click Download below to get it directly and fix your system_thread_exception_not_handled BSoD error instantly.
Here are 3 easy steps to repair the faulty drivers:
1. Launch Driver Talent and do a free scan over your PC.
2. Click on the button Repair to fix problematic graphics driver, wifi driver, audio driver, etc. Driver Talent will reinstall proper drivers for Windows.
3. Restart the PC to make the newly installed drivers take effect.
Note: It is better to back up drivers with Driver Talent before any driver changes in case other system issues happen suddenly.
If you still fail to resolve BSoD error SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED in your Windows 10, please comment below and describe your issues in details. We’ll try our best to help you. If you encounter other blue screen problems, do a search via the searching box on the right top or check Windows 10 Issues and Fix section for more solutions.
|Download, Update & Fix Your Windows Drivers||Intuitive iOS File Manager for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch|
|Free Download||Free Download|