The Windows 10 Anniversary Update brings remarkable improvements. While at the same time, a host of computer issues also come along with it. Slow internet after Windows 10 Anniversary Update is one of the most typical issues. We have received reports from Windows AU users, claiming, “Browsing on Windows 10 Anniversary Update is very slow, for it takes ages to load a single page.” If you are suffering limiting internet speed or your internet speed keeps dropping, you can refer to the below fixes to speed up your internet speed.
Shut down the peer to peer update process on your PC. That is to say, you need to close the channel which you can download applications and system updates from other PC’s connected to the server since it limits your internet bandwidth seeding to other users.
1. Click Start menu and then type Settings to open it.
2. Select “Update and Security“.
3. Click on “Advanced Options” tab.
4. Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
5. Turn off the On button.
Since windows 10, by default, reserves 20% of the internet bandwidth for the system applications and its operating system, you can’t browse or surf on the internet with 100% internet connection. This solution speeds up the dropping internet speed by trimming down the bandwidth which is reserved for Windows 10 AU and system applications. Follow the step-by-step guide to tackle slow internet after Windows 10 Anniversary Update.
1. Press Windows shortcut keys Win + R to open Run dialog box.
2. Type gpedit.msc and then hit OK.
3. Give permissions. A pop-up window will open with title of Group Policy.
4. Click on Computer Configuration on the right side of the window.
5. Navigate to: Administrative Templates -> Network – > Qos Packet Scheduler – > Limit reservable bandwidth.
6. Click on Enable.
7. Change the Value from 20 to 0.
8. Apply and then click OK.
Window Auto-Tuning which is enabled by default improves performance for programs by receiving TCP data over a network. Slower internet speed after Windows 10 Anniversary Update could hit your computer when Window Auto-Tuning feature is “ON”. While luckily, you can disable Windows Auto-Tuning level to improve the internet speed for the Windows 10 anniversary update. Use administrator privileges to process the following steps.
1. Press Win + X and then select Command Prompt (Admin).
2. Type the command netsh interface tcp show global in the window.
3. Check for Receive Window Auto-Tuning Level and if it is normal, you will need to disable it.
4. Type the command netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled to disable it.
You can perform an internet speed test to see whether those adjustments improve your internet speed or not. If not, you can re-enable the Window Auto-Tuning level by typing the command netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal in the Command Prompt (Admin).
Some unexpected driver errors may happen when upgrade to new Windows OS. Outdated, missing or incorrect network drivers may result in limiting internet speed. To rule out that possibility, you might as well turn to a professional driver updater utility tool, like Driver Talent, which is able to match the compatible drivers for your computer and download them automatically within two minutes.
Click the button below to safe download Driver Talent.
Take the three easy steps to download and update network drivers.
Launch Driver Talent. Click “Scan” to identify all the incorrect drivers on Windows 10 Anniversary Update.
All the missing, outdated, or faulty drivers will be listed after scan, click “Repair” to fix those drivers or you are also able to update them to the latest versions by clicking “Update”.
Note: It is recommended that you don’t update drivers when they aren’t broken.
Restart your computer to make the updated network drivers take effect.
Hope the four solutions help to speed up your slow internet on Windows 10 Anniversary Update, and if you know more fixes on that issue, please share with us in the comments section below. Thanks!
Download, Update & Fix Your Windows Drivers
Intuitive iOS File Manager for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
|Free Download||Free Download|