Did you encounter speech calibration error on your Windows 11? Here are 6 ways you can solve that problem.
Windows’ Speech Diagnostic Calibrate error prohibits the microphone from identifying and capturing the users’ speech. This problem is frequently accompanied with the code 0x80004003, however it offers little insight into the possible circumstances that could lead to the error.
This problem may be caused by a variety of factors, including faulty updates, out-of-date or damaged audio drivers, and programs that don’t have access to the microphone. Six troubleshooting techniques are mentioned below that should quickly help you solve this problem for good.
We advise going through the troubleshooting techniques first before moving on to the solution that best fits your case to save time.
Once you have any speech-related problems on your Windows 11, first things to do is run the Speech troubleshooter.
This tool was created by Microsoft particularly to find speech-related issues in the system and solve them without much effort from the users. And the tool is easy to find in Settings.
Please follow the instruction below:
1. Search Settings in Windows Search Bar
2. Select System>Troubleshoot>Other trouble-shooters.
3. Scroll down to find the Speech troubleshooter.
4. Click Run button and wait for the scanning process to be finished.
5. If any issues are found, select Apply this fix to laugh fixing.
If the troubleshooter fails to identify any issues, click Close and move to the next method below.
Your PC might have trouble picking up your speech if your microphone is not set as the default device. To solve, you only need to make a few changes in the Control Panel.
1. Search Control Panel in Windows Search Bar.
2. Change the View as Category to Large icons.
3. Find Speech Recognition, then click Advanced speech options.
4. Click Audio Input at the bottom of the window.
5. Choose the Playback tab and right-click on the microphone you are using.
6. Click on Enable.
7. Right-click on it again and click Set as Default Device and Set as Default Communication Device.
8. Then, switch to Recording tab and right-click on the microphone you are using.
9. Choose Set as Default Device and Set as Default Communication Device from the context menu.
10. Click Apply and OK to save the changes.
11. Next, click on Configure Microphone in the Speech Microphone dialog and choose your microphone.
12. Finally, click Apply and OK to save the changes and check if the issue is gone.
Additionally, there’s a potential that the program you wish to use won’t let your microphone utilize it. To solve the issue, manually grant the app access to the microphone.
1. Search Microphone privacy settings in Windows Search Bar.
2. Switch the toggle on to allow apps access to your microphone.
3. You can also manage individual apps by expanding Let apps access your microphone.
1. Download and install DriverTalent.
2. Run DriverTalent and click Scan button, DriverTalent will then scan your PC to find any problematic drivers.
3. Click Install All to automatically download and install the most recent versions of all the drivers that are missing or out of date from your system. (This step requires the Pro version. When you click Install All, you’ll be asked if you want to upgrade).
Alternately, you can click Update/Repair button on the right side of Sound, video and game controllers (if it is out-of-date) to automatically download the up-to-date version of that driver, then you can manually install it (you can do this with the FREE version).
✓The Pro version of DriverTalent comes with full technical support. If you have any technical questions, please have your visit on our Support site.
Restart your computer, see the Speech Diagnostic Calibration Error has be solved.
Say goodbye to Speech Diagnostic Calibrate Error
If you use your microphone frequently, it can be annoying when it suddenly stops picking up your voice and displays an unidentified “Speech Diagnostic Calibrate” error.
We hope that one of the methods we listed above was able to assist you permanently fix this problem. Make sure the relevant drivers are always current and that the targeted applications are authorized to access your microphone to prevent such future issues.
|ExplorerMax||Driver Talent for Network Card|
|Smart and advanced file explorer tool for Windows platforms||Download & Install Network Drivers without Internet Connection|
|30-day Free Trial||Free Download|