Have you ever encountered the screen is black/ computer freeze, but the sound is still playing when you are gaming. Do you often get stuck and affect your experience while gaming? Here are six solutions for your reference:
The fastest and easiest way to update the graphics card is to downloadDriver Talent which will automatically scan your computer device drivers and show you all drivers needed to update on list.
You do not need to update drivers one by one. With the help of Driver Talent, you can download the latest graphics card driver version.
The new version of the driver may fix some previous driver problems, and may add some new features. Updating the graphics card driver can meet the graphics card requirements of new games.
1. Many times, the new version of the driver will add some functions, or integrate some more user-friendly applications. For example, NVIDIA's driver program now fully integrates PhysX physics acceleration. For ADOBE's latest CS5 release, the new driver also supports FLASH acceleration and Photoshop's performance improvement.
2. Judging from the recent drivers of NVIDIA and AMD, both of them support the feature of OpenGL 3.0. If the drivers are not updated, these functions cannot be obtained.
3. Updating the graphics card driver can improve the screen quality, performance and compatibility.
4. Improve game performance: almost every time the driver is updated, you can see from the update file that the performance of some games has been improved.
When players are playing Elden Ring, the screen freeze but sound continues may triggered by the files of the previous version were not cleaned up when the graphics card driver was installed.
You need to uninstall the graphics driver and reinstall it
Using Driver Talent can reinstall graphics driver perfectly.
Too many programs running in background will also affect the computer performance. Every time you launch Elden Ring, you can close unnecessary background tasks on your PC to ensure there is no additional consumption of system resources happening in the background whatsoever.
In the same time, here may be some software which conflicts with Elden Ring, resulting in unresponsive or unresponsive problems. It is recommended that open the task manager, close all software, and then restart the Elden Ring.
To clear out background tasks, you can following the below steps:
1. Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together
2. On the Task Manager: click on the Processes tab > Select the task you want to close
3. Click on End Task
4. Restart the computer to change effects immediately
5. Log in to Elden Ring to see if the problem is solved
Due to damage or loss of game files, it may also cause Elden Ring screen freeze but sound continues. In this case, the only option is to uninstall the entire game and download it again. The difference between the installation path and the last download.
According to the official configuration, the Elden Ring requires 60GB of free hard disk space and requires the computer to support DirectX 12 API. The minimum CPU requirement to experience the game is i5-8400, and the minimum running memory requirement is 12GB. It is worth mentioning that, as a high-quality masterpiece released in 2022, the minimum requirements of the game in terms of graphics cards are not high, which are NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 and AMD Radeon RX 580
Minimum requirements for Elden Ring:
Operating system: Windows10, Windows11
Processor: Intel Core i5-8400 or AMD Ryzen 3 3300X or higher
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 with 3 GB RAM, or AMD Radeon RX 580 with 4 GB
DirectX version: DirectX12
Storage: 60 GB available
If reinstall the game can not fix the screen freeze but sound continues problem, you might update your computer.
The game can be logged in, but the screen is black but the sound is continue during the game. It may be because I have adjusted the relevant screen settings too high, but the graphics card or other hardware of the computer cannot handle it. You can adjust the settings appropriately to reduce the sharpness of the image quality.
At present, many players are reporting similar problems: the computer configuration is clearly up to standard, but still cannot play normally, indicating that the game itself is not well optimized, and there are some bugs. It is recommended to wait patiently for the official optimization.
If you are using Nvidia graphics card, you can turn on the Vertical Sync feature on you r Nvidia Control Panel.
1. Open the Nvidia Control Panel or download one
2. In the Nvidia Control Panel:
go to 3D Settings - Select Manage 3D settings
3. Select Program Settings
4. Click on Add and select Elden Ring
5. Scroll down to Vertical sync- Click on it
6. select On to enable it.
This will force the Elden Ring game to use V-Sync every time.
|Driver Talent for Network Card
|Smart and advanced file explorer tool for Windows platforms
|Download & Install Network Drivers without Internet Connection
|30-day Free Trial