What should you do if the mouse pointer or cursor disappeared? First check the hardware, that is, whether the mouse and USB interface are connected properly. Unplug the mouse and plug it back into another USB port. If the mouse is fine, try the six methods in this article to fix the missing mouse cursor issue.
If you are using a laptop, you can try the solution1 to turn off the physical touchpad lock key.
The mouse pointer or computer cursor missing issue might be trigger by the physical touchpad lock key. You can try to turn off the physical touchpad lock key.
It is easy to turn off, turn on, the physical touchpad lock key as you follow the below steps:
1. Press WIN+I together to open the Windows Settings
2. Select the Bluetooth & devices from the left pane
3. Select the touchpad
Outdated drivers/corrupter mouse driver may cause many problems of your computer, including cause mouse pointer/cursor disappeared. In this case, you can update or reinstall the mouse driver to fix the mouse pointer missing issue.
Many computer problems are difficult to tackle. When users are having troubles to fix corrupted repositories or missing Windows files, their computer operating systems may be already broken.
It is highly recommended to download a driver updater----Driver Talent which is free for scanning computers and providing updated driver.
For only one click, Driver Talent can scan your computer within seconds and show you all drivers statue in one list.
To click on the blue inverted triangle, Driver Talent provides different versions of drivers for downloading.
If you have updated the mouse driver before the mouse pointer disappeared, it indicated that the updated driver is not perfectly suitable to your computer.
In this case, you can rollback the mouse driver.
Move1. Open driver manager
You can rollback the driver to a former version, following these steps and try to rollback the driver:
1. Press WIN+X at the same time, and Enter into Device Manager
2. Choose the Display Adaptor
3. Right click the graphics card device
4. Choose properties
5. On the Driver Tab, select Rollback Driver, and press OK
6. Follow the pop-up instructions
Move2. Using Driver Talent
As Driver Talent can download former version of drivers, you can launch Driver Talent and scan the computer.
On the Drivers statue page, you can click the blue inverted triangle, Driver Talent provides different versions of drivers for downloading as a way to rollback drivers.
If the solution3. Rollback driver failed to fix the mouse pointer/cursor disappeared, please reinstall drivers.
Windows 10 and Windows 11 operating systems will automatically provide, download, and install the corresponding driver when the computer is connected to a new device, but due to the residue of the old version driver, the new driver may not work normally. Therefore, it is necessary to uninstall the driver and download the driver again, so that the device can be used normally.
With the help of Driver Talent, you can back up the drivers before its files damaged and then restore drivers when it needed.
Besides, you can uninstall drivers and then install the same driver version as a method to reinstall drivers.
If you are using the hybrid Windows device that has a keyboard, it basically switches to the tablet mode by default. In this case, the mouse cursor or pointer gets disabled/turned off(mouse pointer disappearing) for the computer offers touchscreen function.
You can follow the below steps to disable the tablet mode:
1. Connect with the keyboard
2. Return to the computer desktop and do not open any programs
3. Press ALT+F4 together and open the “shut down window” on the desk
4. Press the Down Arrow key to get the Restart option in the drop-down menu.
5. Press the Tab key to shift to the cursor on the OK button
6. End: press the enter on the keyboard and restart the computer.
Does the mouse pointer missing while you are typing? If so, you should turn off the hide pointer while typing so that the mouse cursor remains visible. Following the below steps to fix the mouse pointer/cursor keeps disappearing issue:
1. Press the WIN+I key at the same time and open Windows Settings.
2. Enter mouse settings on the searching bar
3. Choose mouse settings and scroll down to select Additional mouse settings
4. Pointer Options tab > Make sure to uncheck (turn off) ‘Hide pointer while typing’.
5. Click on Apply and click on OK to save changes.
6. Reboot the PC to change effects immediately and check if the Mouse Pointer or Cursor Disappearing issue in Windows 11 is still happening or not.
|Driver Talent for Network Card
|Smart and advanced file explorer tool for Windows platforms
|Download & Install Network Drivers without Internet Connection
|30-day Free Trial