Mar. 08, 2023 / Updated by Renata to Windows 11
Critical Process Died Error is one of the Blue Screen of Death errors of Windows system. There are many reasons causing Critical Process Died Error, for example:
1. Drivers corrupted and outdated
2. New installed software, programs, files contain virus, leading system crashed
3. Windows system needed to install updates to fix bugs
4. System files are corrupted or have conflict with other programs
5. Hard disk error
What caused Critical Process Died Error
Solution1. Reinstall or Update Drivers
Solution4. Install Windows updates
Solution6. Check hard drive for errors
Download Driver Talent is the best choice for fixing driver problems.
To reinstall driver, the first step is to uninstall all drivers relative programs. This step is to prevent the old leftover files can affect newly installed files. After all old files cleared, it is safer to install new drivers.
The second step is to download newest driver.
Install Driver Talent, click the Scan Key, it will scan the computer within seconds:
And then Driver Talent can show all drivers state in a list, click the inverted triangle, you can choose which version of driver to download:
On Driver Talent, you can also to uninstall drivers and restore drivers.
If the Critical Process Died Error happened after a new program installed, the Critical Process Died Error may caused by it newly installed.
You can try to uninstall the program and check if your computer restore.
1. Type WIN+S together and input Control to search for the control panel
2. On the control panel, search for Programs and Features
3. Choose to uninstall a Program
4. In the Progress and Features window, right-click on any third-party antivirus program that the computer has installed. And then select uninstall.
Antivirus for computer is to ensure the safety of computer, and killing viruses in time can clean up the threats existing in computer. Viruses are destructive and can damage your disk information. Trojan viruses can steal your important accounts, game equipment, online banking and other properties. There are also some malicious software that can slow down the computer system and cause abnormalities in use. Most of the crashes and system failures are caused by these viruses.
So it is very necessary to scan the computer safety.
You can follow the below steps to scan and remove computer virus yourselves:
1. Press WIN+I together and open settings
2. Choose Privacy and Security
3. On the right panel, click Windows Security option
4. On the Windows Security window, select virus and threat protection
5. Then, click on quick scan
One of the reason trigger the Blue Screen of Death Critical Process Died Error is the computer bug. Microsoft publish Updates every second Tuesday of the month: this tradition started with Windows 98, with patches released every second Tuesday of the month between 17:00 and 18:00 UTC
Windows system needed to install updates to fix bugs:
1. Press WIN+I together and open Settings
2. Choose Windows Updates
3. On the right-panel, select Check for updates
Run SFC commands when troubleshooting a flawed Windows system. SFC works by scanning for and replacing corrupted, missing or changed system files. Even if the SFC command doesn't repair any files, running it will at least confirm that no system files are corrupted, and you can then move on to troubleshooting your system using other methods. SFC commands are available whenever the computer itself is started. If Windows will start normally, you can run it from an administrative command prompt. If Windows won't start properly, you can try booting from the installation media or recovery disc, starting it in Safe Mode or Recovery Environment.
1. Press WIN+S together and type CMD(command prompt will show)
2. Run the Command Prompt as administrator( click Run as administrator)
3. If prompted, click on Yes to give admin privileges.
4. Once the command prompt window opens, type the following command and hit Enter to execute it:
5. Depending on the disk size and problematic data, the process may take some time.Please wait in patience.
6. Note down the detected issues and search for solutions and restart your computer to change effects immediately.
Sometimes, if there are errors in the hard disk, it will also cause a Critical Process Died Error blue screen of the computer.
For this, you can choose to use the built-in command prompt function of the Windows system to check and repair the errors in the hard disk, so how should we operate? Please refer to the following steps carefully:
1. For the computer is in a Critical Process Died Error blue screen state and cannot enter the system, we need to go through the Windows installation media or restart the computer 3 times to enter "Troubleshooting" > "Advanced Options" > "Command Prompt"
2. Enter chkdsk C: /f /r /x in the command prompt window and press Enter to execute the task of checking and repairing hard disk errors (this command can check for errors and automatically restore readable data).
Hope all these solution could help.
|ExplorerMax||Driver Talent for Network Card|
|Smart and advanced file explorer tool for Windows platforms||Download & Install Network Drivers without Internet Connection|
|30-day Free Trial||Free Download|