Mar. 08, 2023 / Updated by Renata to Windows 11
When infinite boot loop in Windows 11 occurs, the external hardware settings should be troubleshot before further repair. This can be attributed to the failure of the connected external device, poor CPU cooling, damaged power supply, poor contact with the memory slots, etc.
If you computer system is Windows 11 and it occurs infinite boot loop, it means the external hardware need troubleshot. There are four main reasons that caused Windows 11 infinite reboot loop:
1. CPU malfunction: it is relative with the CPU problems. The heat dissipation function may deteriorate for a long time working resulting the CPU high temperature. It could be also resulted by lose fixing groove of the CPU heat sink or the accumulation of dust in the heat sink. Besides, it also could be trigger by the old CPU.
When the CPU temperature is high and reach the temperature set by the motherboard, in order to protect itself, the motherboard will start protection and restart automatically.
In this case, you should first clean the fan or cooler and reconnect it.
2. Poor contact: Poor contact with the motherboard will also cause the computer to keep restarting automatically.
You can dial out the current memory and then clear the dust. After cleaning the slot, insert the motherboard back.
3. Device failed: If an incompatible or malfunction external device, the system may prevent the operation from loading to protect its files.
This article provides many effective solutions for those who suffer from Windows 11 infinite reboot loop. If you have the same trouble, you can read this article to fix the computer yourselves.
Solution3. Uninstall Windows updates
To enter safe mode, you can follow the below steps(both suitable for Windows 11 and Windows 10):
1. Press WIN+R together and open the RUN box
2. Enter msconfig and click OK
3. Open the system configuration
4. Click BOOT tab and choose boot options-safe boot-mininal, and then click OK
5. On the pop up window, if you want to restart with a safe mode, click Restart
6. If not, click Exit without restart
Another method to startup computer in a safe mode:
1. Turn on the computer to startup, when the windows icon appears, press and hold the power button to force shutdown; Repeat it three times to boot into WinRE.
2. Select Troubleshoot-Advanced options-Startup Repair,
The computer starts to detect and will try to fix the system errors. If the computer can not repair the PC with Automatic Repair, you can continue to click Advance options.
3. Select Troubleshoot-Advanced options-Startup settings-Restart to choose your desired safe mode type to boot into.
Finally, restart your computer to allow the modified settings to take effect. Now check if the Windows 11 boot loop/unbootable to OS issue has been resolved.
1. On the booting WinRE window, select Troubleshoot
2. Choose Advanced Options and the select Command Prompt
3. On the CMD window, enter the following messages:
4. And then, execute the below command to repair the boot sector
bootsect /nt60 sys
5. Restart the computer to allow the changed settings to take effect.
After the computer enter into safe mode, you should remove graphics drivers, network card driver, and firewall driver.
Windows 10 and Windows 11 operating systems will automatically provide and download and install the corresponding driver when the computer is connected to a new device, but due to the residue of the old version driver, the new driver may not work normally. Therefore, it is necessary to uninstall the driver and download the driver again, so that the device can be used normally.
To avoid more serious computer problems, it is recommended to use Driver Talent to help you with all drivers problem.
Uninstall drivers by Driver Talent can delete the cache and files clearer.
Another important reason triggered computer reboot is that you had installed some incompatible updates, making the computer system conflict.
You can try to uninstall/rollback computer to former version to fix the restart issues:
1. On the WinRE window, select Troubleshoot - Advanced Options - Uninstall Updates.
2. On the Uninstall Updates window, choose an option according to your needs.
3. Sign in with administrator credentials, then click the Uninstall quality update button.
If you often download files/programs online, you computer may at risk by corrupted drivers which attacked by virus.
hese files can be infected by viruses and can interfere with your drivers, which can affect certain components of your computer.
You can follow the below steps to scan and remove computer virus yourselves:
1. Press WIN+I together and open settings
2. Choose Privacy and Security
3. On the right panel, click Windows Security option
4. On the Windows Security window, select virus and threat protection
5. Then, click on quick scan
If the computer voltage is unstable,which should lower than 190V, it will cause computer restart. when it is higher than 240V, it fails to reach the starting voltage and exceeding the specified voltage will cause the computer to restart.
It is recommended to buy a UPS(also called an uninterruptible power supply), so that it can stabilize the voltage and have 30 minutes to save data.
|ExplorerMax||Driver Talent for Network Card|
|Smart and advanced file explorer tool for Windows platforms||Download & Install Network Drivers without Internet Connection|
|30-day Free Trial||Free Download|