May. 17, 2023 / Updated by Renata to Windows 10
Reinstalling the printer driver is a common solution when you encounter printer issues on your Windows 10 machine. If your printer is not working correctly, it may be due to a corrupted or outdated printer driver. In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps on how to reinstall the printer driver on Windows 10.
Driver Talent can be used to reinstall printer drivers in the following way:
1. Launch Driver Talent on your computer.
2. Click on the “Scan” button to scan your computer for outdated or missing drivers.
3. Once the scanning process is complete, locate the printer driver that you want to reinstall from the list of drivers that are displayed.
4. Click on the “Download” button next to the driver to download it.
5. Wait for the download to complete and then click on the “Install” button to install the driver.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
7. Once the driver is installed, restart your computer to apply the changes.
8. Connect your printer to the computer and ensure that it is turned on.
9. Your printer driver should now be successfully reinstalled and you should be able to use your printer again.
Before you reinstall the printer driver, you need to check if the printer driver is already installed on your computer. Follow these steps to see if the printer driver is already installed:
Step 1 – Click on the Windows button on your computer.
Step 2 – In the search box, type “Devices and Printers” and click on it from the search results.
Step 3 – If you see the printer icon in the “Devices and Printers” window, it means that the printer driver is already installed on your computer.
If the printer driver is already installed and you are still experiencing issues with your printer, try updating the printer driver to the latest version.
If the printer driver is not installed on your computer, or if the driver is corrupted, outdated, or incompatible, you need to remove it before reinstalling it. Follow these steps to remove the printer driver:
Step 1 – Press the Windows key + X to open the quick link menu.
Step 2 – Click on “Device Manager” from the list.
Step 3 – Expand “Print queues” or “Printers” depending on your computer’s configuration.
Step 4 – Right-click the printer you want to remove and click on “Uninstall device”.
Step 5 – Click “Yes” to confirm that you want to remove the printer device.
Note: Removing the printer device will also remove the printer driver from your computer.
Once you have removed the printer driver from your computer, you can proceed to download and install the latest version of the printer driver. Follow these steps to download and install the printer driver:
Step 1 – Open your web browser and go to the official website of the printer manufacturer.
Step 2 – Locate the support or downloads section of the website.
Step 3 – Search for the printer model you want to reinstall the driver for.
Step 4 – Select the driver that matches your operating system and download it to your computer.
Step 5 – Double-click on the downloaded printer driver file to start the installation process.
Step 6 – Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
After the installation of the printer driver, restart your computer to ensure the driver is properly installed.
Why does Windows 10 prompt to reinstall printer driver?
Windows 10 prompts you to reinstall the printer driver if there is an issue with the printer driver or if it is corrupted or outdated. Some of the common reasons why Windows 10 prompts you to reinstall the printer driver are:
• The printer driver is not properly installed.
• The printer driver is incompatible with your version of Windows.
• The printer driver is outdated.
• The printer driver is corrupted.
• Windows 10 has updated and the printer driver needs to be reinstalled.
In conclusion, reinstalling the printer driver is a simple process that can resolve many common printer issues. If you are experiencing issues with your printer, follow the steps outlined in this article to remove and reinstall the printer driver. Remember to always download the latest version of the printer driver from the manufacturer’s website to ensure compatibility with your version of Windows.
|ExplorerMax||Driver Talent for Network Card|
|Smart and advanced file explorer tool for Windows platforms||Download & Install Network Drivers without Internet Connection|
|30-day Free Trial||Free Download|