To use Miracast, the operating system should be above Windows 8. Take Bluetooth as an example, some computer did not equip with Bluetooth hardware, then users can not download a Bluetooth driver to connect it. But they can buy a Bluetooth adaptor.
Conditions for using the software:
1. The Network card supports miracast
2. Graphics cards should support Miracast:
NVIDIA graphics cards start from maxwell chips, that is, the minimum gtx750, gtx9 series, and 10 series are all available.
Method to check if the computer supports Miracast or not:
1. Turn on the computer, click [Start] in the lower left corner of the desktop, and click to open [Control Panel] in the pop-up menu item.
2. Click [System and Security].
3. Click [Check for Updates]
4. Click [System Update] again.
5. Wait for the computer to update.
6. After the update, press the key combination WIN+R and open Run box
7. Enter [dxdiag], and click [OK].
8. Click [Save All Information].
9. Open the saved txt file, and then find Miracast: if you see the prompt not here, indicating that it is not supported, otherwise it is supported.
If your computer supports Miracast but it not working, fix the problem as the following solutions:
Generally speaking, Miracast not working on Windows 11 and 10 is a problem with the network card driver, which means the latest driver has not been updated.
There is the way to update network card driver:
1. Open the device manager, find the network adapter and update the network card driver
2. Right-click the network card driver and Update Driver
3. Select Search automatically for drivers
However, many computer problems are difficult to tackle. The computer auto searching drivers online might not success every time. It is highly recommended to download a driver updater----Driver Talent which is free for scanning computers and providing updated drivers.
with only one click, Driver Talent can scan all device driver and show all drivers that can be updated on a list.
And, expand the triangular list, you can choose different driver versions to download.
Tip: why should a computer update its drivers?
Due to the old driver, the corresponding driver is not automatically updated when the system is updated.
Therefore, the original driver cannot match the updated system and hardware devices. This makes some external devices unusable. At this time, you can try to update the driver to reconnect the computer and hardware.
With this software, users can update outdated devices and back-up as well, as restore the drivers as their need. In order to avoid driver problems in the future, users can also reinstall the problematic driver immediately, So that users do not need to check what is going on with computer drivers and update them manually.
Sometimes files may be deleted by mistake. After the computer automatically repairs the driver, there is a conflict between the original file and the new driver file, which makes it impossible to use Miracast. Uninstall the Wifi adapter. Reinstalling the Wi-Fi adapter can resolve network-related issues, including Miracast.
Methods as below:
1. Type WIN+X together and open Device Manager
2. Under the Device Manager, uninstall the network card device
3. Click the Action tab - scan for hardware changes
4. Then restart then computer, and the problem would properly be solved.
If reinstalling drivers cannot fix the Miracast disconnecting problems, try the next method.
Troubleshooting packs are based upon Powershell scripts. The process of authoring and publishing a troubleshooting pack will be made public to allow OEMs, IHVs, ISVs, and IT Professionals to develop and ship their own troubleshooting content.
Fix computer problems caused by erroneous documents and corrupted files using in-built troubleshooting feature. To run the troubleshooting, follow these steps:
1. Press WIN+S and Open the Settings window on your PC
2. Click on System option
3. Select Troubleshoot
4. Select Other troubleshooters.
5. Tap on Run next to the Internet Connections.
6. Windows will look for issues and fix them.
Windows Firewall might be blocking either private/public internet access to the Miracast. Users can check for if there is the Miracast not working problems result from the Windows Firewall:
1. First, following the next path and find the firewall settings(take Windows 11 as an example):
Control Panel - System and Security
2. Enter Windows Defender Firewall
3. Look at the left side of the Windows Defender Firewall
4. Select Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall
5. You can add, change, remove allowed apps and ports, click change settings
6. Find Wireless Display and check both the boxes right next to it
7. Click on the OK button to save the changes
To change the Wireless Mode selection value, users can follow the below steps:
1. Press WIN+X to open Device Manager
2. Expand the Network adapters section.
3. Right-click on the Wi-Fi adapter and select Properties
4. Choose the Advanced tab, and there are two options: Property and Value
5. Select 802.11 Wireless Mode as Property and Auto/Dual Band for Value
6. Click OK and saved changes
|Driver Talent for Network Card
|Smart and advanced file explorer tool for Windows platforms
|Download & Install Network Drivers without Internet Connection
|30-day Free Trial