For those who use Windows 11 and Windows 10 users, they might be having problems with the brightness slider missing. Many users reported that the brightness slider was missing on their Windows. The brightness slider is very helpful for it can directly customize the brightness according to our needs without using keys. The brightness slider saved time when users had to press the key repeatedly to adjust the brightness.
Why happen brightness slider missing issue?
There are several features causing this problem:
1. Third-Party Applications Conflict
2. Software Errors
3. Drivers Problems
This article provides some solutions to fix missing brightness slid on Windows 11 and Windows 10:
Restarting the computer has the following effects:
1. The installation of some programs needs to rewrite the Windows system registry, and it can be used normally after restarting
2. After Windows is running, the system and the required software are running in the memory. When the running program has an error and cannot be closed or corrected, the computer needs to be restarted, and the contents of the memory will be cleared, and the software will be normal.
3. There are too many things running in the memory and virtual memory, causing the system to run very slowly. After restarting and clearing, the system will run faster
1. Type WIN+X at the same time and open Device Manager
2. On the Device Manager window, select click Monitors tab and expand it
3. Right-click on it and select the Properties option
4. Go to Driver Option, scroll down whether there is the option of Enable Device
5. If it's available, click it, if not, the problem might be due to some other reason
6. So after enabling the device, click on the OK button to apply the changes
Why a computer should update its drivers. Maybe due to the old driver, the corresponding driver is not automatically updated when the system is updated.
Therefore, the original driver cannot match the updated system and hardware devices. This makes some external devices unusable. At this time, users can try to update the driver to reconnect the computer and hardware.
It is highly recommended to download a free driver updater, Driver Talent. It can scan computers automatically and display all the drivers which can be updated on the list. What is more, Driver Talent provides various different versions for download, which means you can download the version you need instead of download the newest drivers.
Shown all drivers for updating
Click the inverted triangle, you can choose different version to download:
On Windows 10, Windows 11 system, you can update graphics card driver as the following steps manually:
1. Press WIN+X at the same time
2. Enter into Device Manager
3. Choose your purpose device
4. Select drivers which need to be updated
5. Select Search automatically for drivers
Comparing with manually update the drivers by yourself, using Driver Talent is the most convenient way to scanning and checking drivers situation.
Windows 10 and Windows 11 operating systems will automatically provide and download and install the corresponding driver when the computer is connected to a new device, but due to the residue of the old version driver, the new driver may not work normally. Therefore, it is necessary to uninstall the driver and download the driver again, so that the device can be used normally.
The driver mainly affect the use of the brightness slider is the monitor driver.
Try Reinstalling it:
If your drivers are latest version, you can reinstall them.
1.Type WIN+X together and open Device Manager
2.Under the Device Manager, uninstall the monitor driver
3.Click the Action tab - scan for hardware changes
4.Then restart then computer, and the problem would properly be solved.
If reinstalling drivers cannot fix the scanner disconnecting problems, try the next method.
For this method can not fix brightness slider missing problem, users can launch Driver Talent to uninstall the driver. In this way of uninstalling driver, is clearer than users uninstall driver through Device Manager.
Just download Driver Talent and launch it:
For the first step, users should scan the computer
For the second step, backup the latest version of Monitor Driver
And then, uninstall the Monitor Driver
After that, restore the Monitor Driver
This causes the brightness slider to be missing on the computer if the Show control panel setting is disabled in the control panel. Follow the steps below to check whether the Windows System settings are correct:
1. Type Windows + R at the same time and open the Run Box
2. Enter gpedit.msc in the Run Box
3. Click OK and open the Group Policy Settings
4. Choose User Configuration
5. Open the Administrative Templates
6. Double Click on the Disable the Display Control Panel
7. Choose Disabled and Click on the Apply Button
8. Click on OK Button
9. Restart the computer and check if the Brightness slider reappear
|ExplorerMax||Driver Talent for Network Card|
|Smart and advanced file explorer tool for Windows platforms||Download & Install Network Drivers without Internet Connection|
|30-day Free Trial||Free Download|