Jun. 24, 2022 / Updated by Daphne to Windows 10
Copy and paste is one of the most basic functions in Windows. It has existed since the first version of Windows, but for some strange reason, users reported that they could not perform the copy and paste function in Windows 10. If you happen to be experiencing this problem, this article may be able to help you.
Copy and paste is one of the most basic functions on any PC, but many users report that this function does not work on Windows 10. Speaking of copy and paste issues, here are some common issues reported by users:
Copy and paste does not work Windows 10- one cause of this problem may be your antivirus software. To resolve this issue, try disabling the anti-virus function, or completely disabling the anti-virus function.
Copy and paste problems in Excel, Microsoft Word, Autocad, Windows 7, Remote Desktop, Vmware- This problem has been reported in various applications, usually caused by some plug-ins or features. Simply find the problematic plugin/feature and disable it to solve the problem.
Copy and paste errors, incorrect parameters- This problem may occur due to some system failures. To resolve this issue, make sure to install the latest update and check if it resolves your issue.
Copy and paste does not work- If copy and paste does not work on your PC, the problem may be in the rdpclicp.exe process. To solve the problem, simply end the process and restart.
According to users, sometimes this problem may occur due to some malfunctions on the system. To solve this problem, it is recommended to keep the system up to date. Microsoft has been solving the problem of new updates, and in most cases, Windows 10 will automatically install missing updates. However, you can also manually check for updates by doing the following:
1. Press the Windows key + I to open the "Settings" application.
2. Go to the Update and Security section.
3. Click the Check for Update button.
Windows will now check for available updates and download them in the background. After downloading the update, it will be installed as soon as you restart your PC. After the system is updated, the copy and paste problem can be solved.
A good antivirus software is very important to protect your computer, but sometimes your antivirus software may cause this problem. To solve this problem, it is recommended to disable certain antivirus features and check if it helps. If this does not work, you need to completely disable the anti-virus software.
This add-in is usually associated with Microsoft Office, and you can find the add-in under the "Add-ons" section in the Office software. You may have to check the "Send to Bluetooth" accessory in each installed Office tool and then disable it from each tool.
After disabling this add-in from every Office tool, the copy&paste function should work normally.
If the clipboard is full, it may not copy and paste correctly. You can run the following command to clear the clipboard：
1. Type cmd in the Windows search box, then right-click "Command Prompt" and select "Run as administrator".
2. When prompted to obtain administrator rights, click Yes.
3. Type cmd / c "echo | clip" and press Enter.
4. Test whether you can copy and paste correctly now.
According to users, this problem may be caused by the rdpclicp.exe process. To solve the copy and paste problem, you need to end this process and restart. It's very simple, you can follow the steps below:
1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to start the task manager.
2. Once the Task Manager opens, go to the "Details" tab and right-click the rdpclicp.exe process. Select "End Task" from the menu.
3. Go to the Windows/system32 folder. There, you should find rdpclip.exe. Just run it and see if the problem is resolved.
The program should start automatically, but if it does not, you must manually run it every time you start Windows 10. In addition, you can add it to the "Startup" folder, and it will start every time Windows 10 starts.
If you have many applications open, or many processes running in the background, they may conflict with each other and cause copy and paste to not work properly. To see if it is causing your problem, try turning it off once. You can easily accomplish this using the task manager:
1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to start the task manager.
2. Select each program under Apps, and then click the End Task button in the lower right corner.
3. Test whether copy and paste works now. If so, you have found the culprit. If not, please close the next application and test again.
In this case, you can use Driver Talent, the professional driver troubleshooter, to update related drivers or download and install the game components if the crashes bother you on the latest Windows 10 build PC.
It is the leading driver updater and manager for Windows OS that provides the WHQL drivers and the official game components like .Net Framework, DirectX, Visual C++ Redistributable Package, etc. You can get this utility directly via the button above and follow the steps below to fix the game crashes issue.
1. Launch Driver Talent and Scan your computer for driver or game components problems.
2. Click Update or Repair to download and install the best-match graphics drivers.
3. Download and install the adapters and contrrollers missing on the PC.
4. Perform a restart to make the changes take effects.
There seems to be a conflict between the clipboard and the video player, which occasionally causes copy and paste to fail. If you are playing a video or have a video opened in the background, please close the video player and check if the problem is resolved.
The inability to perform the copy and paste function may be a big problem, but we hope you manage to solve this problem with one of our solutions.
As always, if you have other suggestions or questions, please don’t hesitate to leave them in the comment section below and we will definitely take a look.
|ExplorerMax||Driver Talent for Network Card|
|Smart and advanced file explorer tool for Windows platforms||Download & Install Network Drivers without Internet Connection|
|30-day Free Trial||Free Download|