Jun. 24, 2022 / Updated by Bessie Shaw to Windows Driver Solutions
Microsoft Surface Pro 4, as one of the best-selling Microsoft series laptops, gains quite a popularity among the Windows users. While the issue that Surface Pro 4 touch screen not working annoys many Surface Pro 4 users. Since the Surface is primarily a touchscreen device, once the touch functionality is broken, the whole Surface device turns out a futile machine.
To troubleshoot the Surface Pro 4 not responding or randomly stop working issue, you can try below tricks to get the Microsoft Laptop Pro 4 touch screen back to normal function.
Note: Since you lose the touchscreen on the Surface Pro 4, other auxiliary input devices like a mouse, keyboard, Type Cover, etc., is needed to perform the following fixes.
Please make sure the screen glass on your Surface is clean and intact before rebooting your Microsoft laptop, for the cracked or broken glass could disable touchscreen’s functionality.
A two-button shutdown can possibly resolve some unknown system error for the Surface Pro devices, the unresponsive touch screen issue included. Below is how.
1. Press the power button as a normal shutdown operation.
2. Press and hold the volume up (+) button and the power button together for at least 15 seconds.
3. Once you see the Surface logo pops up, keep holding the buttons for more 15 seconds.
4. Release the two buttons and then wait for 10 seconds.
5. Then start your Surface Pro 4 and touch the screen to check whether it responds.
Microsoft support team release the bug fixing updates regularly for their products, so do the updates for Surface Pro 4. To get the latest Windows Updates for Microsoft Surface Pro 4, follow below step-by-step guide.
1. Press the Windows shortcut keys Win + I to open the Control Panel.
2. Select Update & Security.
3. Click Check for updates under the Windows Update column.
Then the system will check for updates and install them on the Surface Pro 4 laptop automatically.
To re-enable the touchscreen driver and repair the touch screen not working bug on Surface Pro 4, follow the tutorials below.
1. Open the Device Manager.
2. Use the arrow keys to locate the HID-compliant touch screen under the Human Interface Devices category.
3. Right-click it to select Disable.
4. Right-click the HID-compliant touch screen again, and then select Enable this time.
Note: If there is more than one HID-compliant touch screen device listed, repeat step 3-4 for each one.
The incompatible touchpad driver of your Surface Pro 4 can result in touch screen malfunctions, ceasing the touchpad work. You should update it to the matched one for the Surface Pro 4 machine. You can manually search for the proper Surface Pro 4 touchscreen driver in Microsoft support page. If you prefer a quick and safe way, you could use Driver Talent, a one-stop driver issue troubleshooter, which can automatically download the best-matched touchscreen driver for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.
Click the button below to get Driver Talent seamlessly and then update the correct Surface Pro 4 touchscreen drivers with 3 easy steps within two minutes.
Click “Scan” and Driver Talent will detect if the touchpad screen drivers are improper.
Note: In case you running into unexpected system issues like blue screen, black screen etc., you’d better back up drivers before any updates.
Click “Repair” to download and install the most compatible touchscreen drivers for Microsoft Surface device. Or you are able to get latest driver versions by clicking “Update”.
Reboot your computer to make the newly installed touchpad drivers take effect.
Top 4 Fixes for Touchpad Not Working after Windows 10 Creators Update Issue
Touchpad Driver – How to Free Download, Install or Update on Windows
Should all of the above 4 solutions turn out no luck with the Surface Pro 4 touchscreen stops working problem, you might as well try restoring your Surface tablet.
1. Head over to the Update & Security setting.(As the method 2, step 1-2 instructs)
2. Click Get started under the Recovery choice.
3. Choose either keeping your files or removing everything when resetting the device.
4. Check if the touchscreen not working issue persists after the resetting completes.
That’s all for the Microsoft Surface Pro 4 touchscreen not working troubleshooters. If you find more workarounds on the defective touchscreen on the Surface Pro 4, please share with us in the comment section below or go to the OStoto official forum.
|ExplorerMax||Driver Talent for Network Card|
|Smart and advanced file explorer tool for Windows platforms||Download & Install Network Drivers without Internet Connection|
|30-day Free Trial||Free Download|