Jun. 24, 2022 / Updated by Helia to Windows 10
Exploit Wednesday annoys the Windows 10 users after the updates of Creators Update or Fall Creators update. Now problem with wireless adapter or access point crops up and stops the users' network connection.
When the users fail to access to the Internet, they may try the Windows built-in tool, troubleshooting, to detect and repair the wireless network problem, such as 802.11n WiFi adapter not working issue, no WiFi available after the update, red cross on WiFi icon error, etc. But most of the time, it is a useless method to fix the wireless not working issue.
The following culprits often trigger wireless adapter not working problem:
1. Hardware devices. Lose wireless adapter port, disabled WiFi adapter, disabled hotkeys and other wireless network-related hardware devices problems can cause the error.
2. Faulty wireless adapter driver. Outdated, corrupted or incompatible wireless network driver can stop the WiFi connection.
3. Incorrect network configurations. You can check the Windows 10 to see if some wireless settings have been changed.
If you're bothered with the "Problem with wireless adapter or access point" error and fail to connect to your WiFi network, don't be worried. This Windows 10 guide will show you top three viable methods to fix the wireless adapter problem.
Note: It is recommended to connect to the network with a LAN cable/Ethernet since the following solutions may require a network connection.
Two main steps to start the checking:
1. If you're using a USB wireless adapter, you can unplug it and then re-connect to the computer.
2. If you know how to open the laptop back or the desktop case, make sure the network card is fastened in the port.
3. Check the hotkeys that can control the WiFi connection. The keys Fn + Fx (x= 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.) are used to enable or disable the wireless network.
4. Reset your router password or WiFi password to see if you can access the Internet.
1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + X and select Device Manager.
2. Go to the View menu and select Show hidden devices.
3. Expand the Network adapters entry.
4. Double-click your wireless adapter to open its Properties.
5. Choose the Driver tab. If the device has been disabled, you need to click the Enable Device button to make it work.
6. Go to the Power Management tab.
7. Uncheck the Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power option.
8. Click the OK button.
9. Right-click all the Microsoft Virtual Wi-Fi Miniport Adapters and select the Disable device.
10. Restart the computer.
Fix WiFi Adapter Not Showing up after Windows 10 Creators Update
As we've mentioned above, faulty wireless network driver can trigger the "problem with wireless adapter or access point" error. So you can visit your PC brand’s official site to manually download and install the network driver update for your Windows 10 Creators Update PC.
If you prefer a quick solution, you can also try some professional driver download and update utilities like Driver Talent. It offers the official and WHQL drivers for various brands of computers, such as HP, Dell, Acer, Samsung, Microsoft Surface, Asus, Lenovo, etc.
The utility is available via the button below:
There are only 3 steps to repair the wireless driver and make your Internet connection work:
Step 1. Launch Driver Talent and click the Scan button to start detecting network drivers issues.
Step 2. After the scanning, click the Update button if there are any updatable wireless network drivers. Or click the Repair button to fix network adapter problems instantly.
Step 3. Perform a reboot to make the changes take effect.
Note: We recommend you backup all the drivers before any system changes in case other problems occur.
If the methods above did not work, you can try command lines:
Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + S to open the search box (or you can use the search box in the taskbar).
Step 2. Type into cmd. Then right-click the Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
Step 3. Type into the command line below and hit the Enter key. (Note: Change the text between the "".) netsh wlan delete profile name="YourWirelessConnectionName"
Then connect to your wireless network and reconfigure the settings.
Also, you can try the following command:
netsh winsock reset netsh int ip reset ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew ipconfig /flushdns
Step 4. Restart the computer.
Top 2 Ways to Fix No Wi-Fi Available after Windows 10 Update Issue
7 Solutions to Fix Wi-Fi Disconnecting Issue after Windows 10 Update
Fix "WiFi Doesn't Have a Valid IP Configuration" on Windows 10
After that, go and connect to your wireless network to see if the network connection is available.
That's it. If you still fail to fix "problem with wireless adapter or access point" error, or if you encounter other problem after the latest Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, you can drop a line below or click the support menu on the left of this page for more help. Hope you continue to have access to Windows 10 section as well as provide support.
|ExplorerMax||Driver Talent for Network Card|
|Smart and advanced file explorer tool for Windows platforms||Download & Install Network Drivers without Internet Connection|
|30-day Free Trial||Free Download|