Sep. 18, 2018 / Updated by Bessie Shaw to Windows 10
The Video_TDR_Failure error, T stands for Timeout, D for Detection, and R for Recovery components, often appears with the BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) when the computer restarts unexpectedly, or before you starting Windows. General VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE notifications include atikmpag.sys, nvlddmkm.sys and igdkmd64.sys, depending on your graphics card brand.
The Video_TDR_Failure error can be triggered by various reasons. But to a large extent, the most likely reason is that there is something wrong with your graphics card driver, causing your graphics card stops responding or working. And that error forces the Windows to check out for the fixes eventually.
If you are trapped in Video_TDR_Failure error, don’t in a hurry to throw out your display card and purchase a new one, try the three methods below to fix it.
Take the step-by-step instructions to update the display driver with the Windows 10 built-in program, Device Manager.
1. Press shortcut keys Win + R and then type devmgmt.msc to open Device Manager.
2. Expand Display adapters section.
3. Find the display driver, right click the device on your computer and then click “Choose Update Driver Software”.
4. Select “Search automatically for driver software”.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the updated display driver.
6. Restart your computer.
Please note that this method requires the downloaded file of the latest version of the chipset driver and the graphics driver. Entering to the safe mode allows you to update drivers, copy files, and perform troubleshooting tasks. Below is how:
2. Turn to Device Manager. Expand Display adapters then right click the display device and choose Uninstall.
3. Click OK at the prompt window.
4. Restart your computer and enter into the normal mode to install the latest version of chipset driver on your computer.
5. Reboot your PC one more time.
6. Double-click the downloaded driver file to install the graphics card driver.
If you know nothing about the computer errors & fixes and prefer a quick way to troubleshoot driver related issues, you might as well use a professional driver update and management utility tool, like Driver Talent, to download and update you well-matched display drivers automatically.
Click the button below to get Driver Talent directly.
Take the three easy steps and Driver Talent will resolve the VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE error on Windows 10.
1. Launch Driver Talent. Make a deep detection of all the drivers on Windows 10 by clicking “Scan”, graphics drivers included.
2. All the missing, outdated, corrupt or broken drivers will be listed after scan, click “Repair” to fix problematic graphics drivers or click “Update” to download and install the most updated display drivers on Windows 10.
Note: Considering driver’s stability, we don’t recommend you to update what aren’t broken.
3. Restart your computer to make the newly installed display drivers come into effect.
Hope this post can help you to rule out the VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE error on Windows 10. If you would like to share more workable solutions with us, please leave comments below.
|360 Total Security Business||Driver Talent for Network Card|
|Deploy critical protection to secure your corporate data||Download & Install Network Drivers without Internet Connection|
|30-day Free Trial||Free Download|