Sep. 18, 2018 / Updated by Bessie Shaw to Windows 10
Are you experiencing freezing webcam issues after Windows 10 Creators Update? If you come across webcam issues after Creators Update, you aren’t the only one. Reports from dozens of users show that the Windows 10 Creators Update has broken millions of webcams since released.
Microsoft responded in the forum that they are working on a patch for the webcam freezing issues or webcam is not working issue after Windows10 Creators Update. Before this patch releases, which is said to be launched out in September to be more precise, you might as well try the following two workarounds to rule out webcam after Windows 10 Creators Update.
Bear in mind that do a full backup of your computer before you take this troubleshooter to repair webcams glitches, for these changes, sometimes, could result in irreversible damages to your current installations if they're not done properly.
1. Use Win + R shortcut keys to open the Run command.
2. Type regedit and click OK to launch Windows registry.
3. Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows Media Foundation > Platform.
4. Right-click on the Platform folder and then select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
5. Name the value “EnableFrameServerMode”.
6. Right-click the new value and select Modify then set it to “0” in the Value data.
7. Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > WOW6432Node > Microsoft > Windows Media Foundation > Platform.
8. Repeat steps 4-6 if you own the 64-bit version of Windows.
9. Restart your PC to update those changes.
Apart from the Windows 10 Creators Update’s changes on webcams which can lead to webcam freezing issues or not working status, the incorrect webcam driver is another possible factor that may induce freezing webcams.
To exclude the possibility that outdated, missing or broken webcam drivers after Windows 10 Creators Update cause webcam issues, you could turn to a smart driver update utility tool, like Driver Talent, to download and install the compatible webcam drivers on Windows 10 Creators Update.
Click below button to get Driver Talent directly.
Take the step-by-step guide to update webcam drivers.
Launch Driver Talent. Click “Scan” to make a thorough detection of all drivers on the Windows 10 Creators Update, webcam drivers included.
All the missing, outdated, corrupt or broken drivers will be listed after scan, click “Repair” to fix problematic webcam drivers or click “Update” to download and install the most updated webcam drivers on Windows 10 Creators Update.
1. Considering the stability of drivers, we don’t recommend you to update drivers what aren’t broken.
Make a restart on your computer after the above two steps are finished to allow changes come into effect.
Note: Aside from drivers download and update, Drive Talent involves more premium features, such as drivers restore, system restore, drivers uninstall, drivers pre-download for another PC, hardware detection, VR support check and PC speed up, etc.
You may also want to check out:
Hope this passage can help you to get rid of webcam issues after Windows 10 Creators Update. If you would like to share more workable solutions on freezing webcam issues with us, please leave comments below to let us know.
|360 Total Security Business||Driver Talent for Network Card|
|Deploy critical protection to secure your corporate data||Download & Install Network Drivers without Internet Connection|
|30-day Free Trial||Free Download|