Many people encounter "Microsoft Edge can't connect securely to this page" problem after the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (v1709) or Creators Update (v1703). The error message "Can't connect securely to this page" appears on the screen and blocks you from opening the web page.
Except for Microsoft Edge, the error also occurs on browsers like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, FireFox, etc. It may be triggered by outdated or insecure TLS settings, or be caused by network driver glitches, or other network-related settings.
Today, this Windows 10 guide will show you top 2 ways to fix the "Microsoft Edge can't connect securely to this page" problem on Windows 10 computer:
You can go to Internet Properties to make some changes on network security and fix such Microsoft Edge not working issue.
1. Use Windows shortcut keysWin + R to open Run.
2. Type into inetcpl.cpl into the box and hit the Enter key.
3. Go to the Security tab.
4. Click the Internet icon and then click the Custom level button.
5. Select Medium from the drop-down menu of Reset to.
6. Then navigate to Display mixed content in Settings. Choose Enable.
7. Click the OK button.
Then you can launch your Microsoft Edge and type into the URL you want to visit. This time you will not have the error message "Can't connect securely to this page" on the screen.
If the "Can't connect securely to this page" still persists, you may need to check your network devices and their drivers. Windows 10 v1709/v1703 is the latest OS at present. Outdated network drivers are not compatible with the OS, which makes Windows 10 fail to communicate with the network device. Thus your computer may run into network issues, like no Wi-Fi available on Windows 10, unidentified network problem, slow Internet connection, etc.
You can download proper network adapter driver updates from your PC brand website to fix the issue. But if you prefer a one-click solution, you can use some professional driver managers, like Driver Talent. Such tools can help to automatically update drivers compatible with Windows 10.
The tool is available via the download button below.
Here are 3 easy steps to update network drivers:
Run Driver Talent. Click the Scan button to detect faulty network drivers on Windows 10.
Click the Update button to update the network driver. Also, click the Repair button to fix the problematic drivers that cause "Microsoft Edge can't connect securely to this page".
Restart your computer to make the driver updates take effect.
Will not be able to connect to this page securely. The label indicates that the problem may be due to TLS settings. So this is a clue to the solution. Some Edge users have fixed page connection errors by selecting the TLS option, as shown below.
1. Press "type here to search" button to open Cortana's search box.
2. Enter the keyword "Internet Options" in the search box.
3. Select "Internet Options" to open the window shown directly below.
4. Select the Advanced tab.
5. Then scroll down and select the SSL and TLS checkboxes shown directly below.
6. Press the "Apply" button to apply the option.
7. Choose the OK button to close the window.
Some Edge users have confirmed that disabling their third-party antivirus utility has solved their problem of not being able to connect to this page securely.
To disable antivirus software, right-click its system tray icon and select the "Disable" or "Turn off" option in its context menu. Or, open the main window of the software and look for the disable option on its "Settings" tab. You can also follow the steps below to remove the antivirus utility from Windows 10 startup.
1. Press Windows key + X to open the "Win + X" menu.
2. Select Task Manager to open the utility window.
3. Select the "Startup" tab to open the list of startup items.
4. Select your antivirus utility here and press the "Disable" button.
5. Restart the laptop or desktop computer.
That's it. If you still fail to fix the "Microsoft Edge can't connect securely to this page" after Windows 10 Fall Creators Update/Creators Update, or if you come across any issues after the latest Windows 10 update, please drop a line in the comments section below. If you are looking for more fixes for Windows issues, you can go to Windows 10 section on this site or our blog.
|ExplorerMax||Driver Talent for Network Card|
|Smart and advanced file explorer tool for Windows platforms||Download & Install Network Drivers without Internet Connection|
|30-day Free Trial||Free Download|