Jan. 08, 2018 / Updated by Bessie Shaw to Windows 10
The Bluetooth option missing in Windows Settings is one of the bugs many users encounter after the Windows Fall Creators Update (v1709). In this case, users can't turn on/off the Bluetooth feature in Settings. Also, there's no Bluetooth option in the Airplane mode tab. Some may even find there's no Bluetooth device in Device Manager. This makes it inconvenient to connect the Bluetooth devices to the computer.
Generally, the Bluetooth not in Settings issue may be triggered by culprits such as incorrect system configurations, faulty Bluetooth driver, or other bugs. If you're bothered with the Bluetooth option missing problem on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, this post will show you how to fix the glitch.
The following are top three methods to bring your Bluetooth option back on track. You can try the steps one after another to fix the no Bluetooth in Settings issue.
If you've had a clean install of Windows 10 (v1709) after some crashes, your system may be in a lower OS build which contains some bugs that can result in no Bluetooth in Settings. You can check for updates and download proper patches to enable the Bluetooth feature:
1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + I to launch Settings.
2. Go to the Update & security menu.
3. Click the Check for updates button and make Windows 10 download and install the latest updates.
After that, restart the computer to make the system changes take effect. Then open Settings and go to Devices to see if the Bluetooth option appears.
Windows Update-Related Posts:
If the Bluetooth-related service has been disabled on Windows 10, you won't be able to connect your Bluetooth devices to your computer and the Bluetooth option will disappear in Settings.
You can go to Windows Services to check the Bluetooth Support Service status:
1. Use shortcut keys Win + R to launch Run.
2. Type into services.msc and hit the Enter key.
3. In Services, scroll down and find Bluetooth Support Service. Double-click it.
4. If the service has been stopped, then click the Start button to enable the service. Select Automatic from the drop-down menu.
5. Click the Apply and OK button to save the changes.
Reboot the PC. Now the Bluetooth option is in Settings.
After the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, the original hardware device drivers may become outdated or incompatible with the latest Windows OS. If your Bluetooth is not available in Settings after Creators Update, you need to check and update the Bluetooth driver.
Firstly, you need to uninstall the faulty Bluetooth driver in Device Manager. Then go to your Bluetooth brand website to download the best-matched Bluetooth driver version. If you prefer a one-click solution, you can also use Driver Talent to fix the hitched Bluetooth driver. The professional and safe driver manager is available via the button below:
Here's how to fix the Bluetooth option missing in Settings with Device Manager and Driver Talent:
1. Use Win + X. Select the Device Manager on the menu.
2. Expand the Bluetooth entry.
3. Right-click your Bluetooth device and select Uninstall device. Then it will back to the early state when the original Bluetooth driver was installed. (Note: After that, DON'T choose the Scan for hardware changes in case Windows installs incorrect driver version.)
4. Launch Driver Talent and click the Scan to look for problematic drivers.
5. Click the Update or Repair to automatically download and install the stable Bluetooth driver version.
After that, perform a PC reboot to make the driver changes take effect.
That's it. Hope the methods above could help to fix the Bluetooth option missing in Windows Settings after Fall Creators Update. If the Bluetooth not available issue still persists, or if you come across other Bluetooth issues after the latest Windows 10 update, please drop a line below or click the tech support menu on the left of this page for more help.
Thank you for visiting this post. If you have other Windows 10-related questions, you can check Windows 10 for solutions.
These Bluetooth-related Posts May Also Interest You:
|Driver Talent||Driver Talent for Network Card|
|Download & Install Network Drivers||Download & Install Network Drivers without Internet Connection|
|Free Download||Free Download|