After the Windows 10 upgrade, many Windows users find they cannot access the microphone enhancement tab in the microphone properties like their old Windows 8.1 or 7 computer did. Thus it's hard for them to adjust the microphone boost or the sound effects.
The microphone enhancement is designed to make specific audio hardware sound perfect. No microphone enhancement tab will make it hard to facilitate for the optimal working of audio devices, and you may have a terrible experience in the game or video playing. Also, sound problems like no sound, microphone not working, Windows 10 IDT High Definition audio error, audio recording failure, etc. are related to no audio/microphone enhancement tab. If you face the missing enhancement tab issue on your Windows 10 computer, you may like to go on the reading for solutions.
To work around this problem, you can follow the methods below. We’ve had some efficient solutions that you can adopt to fix the no microphone enhancement problem and here is a small snip to get you started.
Firstly, you need to have a check on related hardware that may cause the missing microphone enhancement tab in case you waste on other useless computer changes.
1. Check the microphone or the headset with a microphone. Make sure the device is intact (without problems in the cable or the button), and you can see the “Enhancement” tab in the Properties. Also, check your Bluetooth speakers, wireless speakers and more.
2. Unplug and then re-plug the device. You can also connect your microphone or headphones to other Windows 10 computers that are working regularly. Test if your device functions properly.
3. Check if the sound card on your computer is right in the slot. Also, clean up the dust around it. If you have only an integrated sound card on your computer, it is better to install a dedicated sound card, which often contains audio enhancement packages.
4. Unplug out the USB device or other unessential peripheral devices from your computer, and then see if the microphone enhancement tab appears.
If your finish the checking and make sure there are no problems with the hardware, but the no microphone enhancement persists, you can follow Method 2, 3 and more to fix the problem.
You may be interested in:How to Fix Bluetooth Speakers Sound Delay on Windows 10
You can try adding a new audio device to your Windows 10 computer to see if it releases the pain of no microphone enhancement.
1. Use Windows shortcut keysWin + R to launch the Run.
2. Type into control.exe.
3. Hit the Enter to open the Control Panel.
4. Under the view of Category, select Add a device under the item Hardware and Sound.
5. Choose the audio device you’re going to add from the list.
6. Click the Next.
7. Shut down the computer and then turn it on.
Now go to the sound settings and see if the enhancement tab appears this time.
If you’ve disabled audio related services recently, go and re-enable them. Disabled audio services cannot make the computer play sound properly and may cause a missing microphone enhancement tab in the speaker or microphone properties.
2. In Services, navigate to the audio related services, for example, Windows Audio.
3. Double click the service.
4. Go to General tab.
5. Click the Start button to run the service and then select Automatic from the drop-down menu of the Startup type.
Note: If you don’t know which services are related to audio, you can click the Dependencies tab to check them, and then enable the services.
You can go to Realtek HD Audio Manager or the Conexant Smart Audio settings or other sound card vendor managers to make some changes and fix the missing enhancement tab issue.
1. Open Control Panel on your Windows 10 PC.
2. Under the view of Large/Small icons, click the sound card vendor settings. For example, select the Realtek HD Audio Manager.
3. Choose the Microphone tab and adjust the parameters on the interface according to your need.
Now go to the Recording device in Sound to see if the Enhancement tab appears or not.
If all of the methods above did not work for you, you need to reinstall the audio drivers on your Windows PC. Audio drivers ensure the perfect and quality audio output. When there are outdated, missing, broken or incompatible drivers, you may encounter lots of computer problems like Windows 10 Bluetooth not working, a missing audio enhancement tab, no mouse pointer/cursor, etc. So it is vital to check and reinstall the audio drivers.
You can go to Device Manager to uninstall the driver and download the HP Beats audio driver, Realtek audio driver, IDT audio driver or other sound card drivers from the Internet and reinstall it. But if you prefer a high-efficiency method, you can use Drive Talent, the professional driver download and update utility, to reinstall the driver with just one click.
Click the button above to have it directly. You can follow the steps below to quickly reinstall the best-match audio drivers and fix the missing enhancements tab issue.
1. Launch Driver Talent. Go to the Uninstall menu and then click the button Uninstall to remove the audio drivers.
2. Go to the Download & Update menu. Click Reinstall or Repair to download and install the best audio driver for your Windows 10.
3. Perform a restart of the computer to make the driver changes take effect.
Note: It is necessary to backup drivers before the changes.
That’s it. All of the above are the possible best solutions for fixing disappearing microphone enhancement tab in Sound in Windows 10. If you still fail to solve the problem, inform us by the comment or click the LEFT MENU on this page. For more solutions for Windows 10-related issues, see Windows 10 Issues and Fix.
|ExplorerMax||Driver Talent for Network Card|
|Smart and advanced file explorer tool for Windows platforms||Download & Install Network Drivers without Internet Connection|
|30-day Free Trial||Free Download|