Nov. 20, 2017 / Updated by Bessie Shaw to Windows 10
The Windows 10 Creators Update (version 1703 with Windows OS build 15063) has had the users’ attention since Microsoft announced the roll out of the Creators Update on April 11th, 2017. The new update of Windows 10 will be promoted to users with eligible Windows 10 computer progressively over the next few days even months but not right now for everyone, because various factors can result in this, such as the Windows machine you're using, the network status, the location, etc.
If you want to get access to the latest Windows 10 Creators Update and experience new features like Paint 3D, visible Microsoft Edge tabs, gaming bar, etc., but you haven’t received the promotion from Microsoft, you could go on the reading to see how to get the Window 10 Creators Update manually.
Since it makes you impatient to wait for the Windows 10 Creators Update available on the Windows Update, there are some of the most effective solutions that you can use to force the version 1703 on your computer.
The Update Assistant is a tool offered by Microsoft, and you can use it to update to the latest version of Windows 10 on condition that the Windows 10 on your computer is officially licensed. You can go to Microsoft’s website to download the Update Assistant and then run it on the PC to get started. This is how to install the Windows 10 Creators Updates with the Update Assistant:
1. Head to Update Assistant page on Microsoft.
2. Click the button Update now.
3. Download the Windows10Upgrade9252.exe file.
4. Launch the .exe file and check the current Windows version.
5. Click the Update Now button.
6. Choose the option Upgrade this PC now.
7. Click the Minimize button and wait until the process completes.
8. Click Restart now to make the changes take effect.
The method is safe to keep your all your data intact on the PC, so you can easy to go back to the version 1607 if you don’t want to go on the updating.
Media creation tool is another useful tool provided by Microsoft. Make sure you have a license to install the Windows 10 Creators Update. Then see the instructions below.
2. Click the Download tool now button.
3. Download the file and then launch the file.
4. Choose Upgrade this PC now and click the Next.
5. During the checking, wait until the PC restarts finish.
6. Click the Accept button to accept the licensing terms.
7. Click Next buttons until it comes to the Ready to install screen.
8. Click the Install button and wait until it completes.
After several times of reboot, you can do some configurations on the screen. When you see the This might take several minutes screen, it means you’ve installed the Windows 10 Creators Update successful. Log in the Windows and enjoy the new features!
Windows Insider Program offers you access to preview the early releases of Windows 10 version, and you can also take advantage of the program to get the Windows 10 Creators Update. Before you start, make sure you’ve created a Windows Insider account/Microsoft account. This is how to make it.
1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + I to launch the Settings on your Windows 10 PC.
2. Go to the Update & security menu and choose the Windows Insider Program tab.
3. Click the button Get started. Check the warning message and click Next to reboot the PC.
4. Apply Win + I to the Settings for the Windows Insider Program tab with the same way.
5. Select Release Preview from the drop-down menu.
Then you will receive the Windows 10 Creators Update notification within 24 hours. Follow the instruction on screen to download and install the update.
If you plan to purchase a new Windows computer, it is a good idea to buy the latest and the most popular models like Microsoft Surface Pro 4, Dell XPS 13, Asus Zenbook Flip, HP Spectre x360 13, etc., because such models or OEMs are available for the latest Windows 10 Creators Update. It’s really a kill-two-birds-with-one-stone method.
After you install the Windows 10 Creators Update, it is better to update the device drivers on your computer so that it can ensure the optimal and high performance of the computer. If the network drivers, graphics drivers, audio drivers or other drivers are incompatible with the Creators Update, issues like no WiFi available, graphics error 43, static sound in headphones, etc. will impact your experience to the new OS. You can use Driver Talent to download the driver updates after the Creators Update installed. Get it with the button below:
Here’s how to update drivers to the latest version after you update to Windows CU.
1. Launch Driver Talent and do a Scan for outdated or broken drivers.
2. If there are faulty drivers, you can click Update or Repair to install the best-match ones that are compatible with the Windows Creators Update.
3. Perform a restart to make all the driver changes take effects.
1. It’s better to backup drivers prior to any driver update in case driver crashes or system failure.
That’s it. If you meet any problems before or after getting the Windows 10 Creators Update, please get them cleared in the comments section below.
|Driver Talent||Driver Talent for Network Card|
|Download & Install Network Drivers||Download & Install Network Drivers without Internet Connection|
|Free Download||Free Download|