Sep. 18, 2018 / Updated by Bessie Shaw to Windows 10
Windows 10 crash occurs when the Amazon Kindle is connected, which is one of the high-profile Windows issues after the Windows 10 Anniversary update. Microsoft released its Windows 10 Anniversary update this summer, and after that more and more users complained that both of the two devices, the Windows 10 PC and the Amazon Kindle, are not into each other --- when they connected the e-reader, the PC would crash with BSOD and error message.
The crashes are very influential in the use of Amazon Kindle Paperwhite and Voyager devices. You cannot transfer e-books or charge the e-readers via the USB ports on the Windows 10 PC. It is reported that the Windows 10 crashes happened on nearly all the computers that have updated to Windows 10 Anniversary.
Microsoft has been repairing the bug after that. And let’s see what we can do to solve the Windows 10 Anniversary crashes when plugging the Kindle.
When you suffer the Windows 10 crashes, it is recommended to test the hardware on both of the devices firstly. Maybe you happen to encounter the same issue due to other reasons instead of the Windows 10 Anniversary update.
1. Check the USB ports and the cable. Make sure the ports and the cable are available for both charge and files transformation.
2. Test your Kindle on other computers to see if the Windows 10 crash or the blue screen of death still persists. (Note: It is reported that the crashes occur on almost all brands of Windows 10 Anniversary PCs, like Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc., but we still suggest this so that you can make sure which device cause the problem.)
3. Update your Kindle OS or firmware to make it compatible with the Windows 10.
You may want to check out:
As some Kindle users reported, they found the Kindle can work fine when they:
1. Connect Amazon Kindle before the PC powers on.
2. Plug in Kindle when the PC is in sleep mode and then arouse it.
Most of the users avoid the blue screen or the Windows 10 crash successfully by using this method.
Some software or programs can cause conflicts and result in system issues like random restarts, INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error blue screen, ghost touch screen, etc. Some users found that removing programs like anti-virus software, music players or other apps will help to fix the crash. So it is recommended to uninstall the programs you recently installed to see if the problem has been resolved.
If you are not sure which applications or services result in the Windows 10 Anniversary crash, you can perform a clean boot on Windows 10 to figure out the troublemakers. For more information about Windows 10 clean boot, see: How to Use Windows 10 Clean Boot to Fix PC Errors.
The crash issue hits the USB 3.0 ports more than the USB 2.0. Users complained that when they plugged in the Amazon Kindle, Windows would detect the USB drivers and at the same time the blue screen appeared.
Outdated, incompatible or incorrectly configured USB drivers can cause the Windows 10 Kindle crashes, so it is necessary to reinstall the USB drivers on Windows 10 Anniversary.
1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + X to launch the Jump List and select Device Manager.
2. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers entry and navigate to the USB device.
3. Right click on the device and select Uninstall.
4. After the uninstallation, right click on the entry and select Scan for hardware changes.
Windows will do its jobs on and reinstall the USB drivers. After that, connect your Amazon Kindle to the PC again to see if it can work normally.
If Windows 10 Anniversary fails to reinstall the drivers automatically, you can use Driver Talent, the professional driver troubleshooter with more than 300 million users, to help you reinstall the USB drivers and fix the Windows 10 Kindle crash issue. Click the button below to have your Driver Talent directly.
1. To fix the blue screen of death with other error codes, read articles listed below please.
2. After the Windows 10 Anniversary update, users ain’t allowed to manually install drivers without digital signature. If you want to download and install USB drivers by yourself, pay attention to this: Driver Signature Issue on Windows 10 Anniversary.
You may also want to check out:
If none of the methods above work, you may consider having a system change on your Windows 10 Anniversary computer.
1. Update to Windows 10 Build 14393.187
Microsoft has released a patch for the summer update, which could be helpful to resolve the Windows 10 crashes when you plug in the Kindle. Now you could update your Windows to Bulid 14393.187 by Windows Update.
Note: Click How to Check Windows 10 Version and Build Number to figure the number on your Windows 10.
2. Reinstall the Windows OS
Windows 10 Anniversary is so unstable that you want to downgrade it to its predecessors or perform a clean install of Windows 10. Certainly, it will completely fix the Windows 10 crash issue when you connect the Kindle. For more information, see
Hope this article can be a reference for you to fix the Windows 10 crashes after the Amazon Kindle connection. Thank you for visiting this. And if you have any other Windows 10-related issues, check for Windows 10 Issues and Fix on this site, or comment below directly.
|360 Total Security Business||Driver Talent for Network Card|
|Deploy critical protection to secure your corporate data||Download & Install Network Drivers without Internet Connection|
|30-day Free Trial||Free Download|