Some users may come across the “NVIDIA control panel won’t open” problem on their Windows 10 desktop or laptop. In this case, when you click the NVIDIA Control Panel in Windows 10 Control Panel, the notice box will pop up and show you the error message:
“Nvidia Display settings are not available.
You are not currently using a display attached to an nvidia GPU.”
The NVIDIA control panel won’t open via the Control Panel and you can’t adjust screen resolution/color and manage other display settings. For those who have updated to Windows 10 Creators Update (v1703), it’s hard to get access to the Advanced display settings of Windows because the version had removed the settings. So it is necessary to adjust and manage the display properties via the NVIDIA control panel.
In this Windows 10 guide, we’ll walk you through top 2 ways to troubleshoot the NVIDIA control panel not opening issue. Please take your time following the steps to fix the issue and get your NVIDIA control panel back on track.
1. Use Windows shortcut keysWin + R to launch the Run.
2. Type into services.msc.
3. Hit the Enter.
4. Scroll down and navigate the NVIDIA Driver Helper Service and NVIDIA Update Service Daemon.
5. Double-click the services to open the Properties.
6. Select the Manual from the drop-down menu of the Startup type.
7. Click the Start button below.
8. Click the Apply and the OK button.
Now go to the Control Panel and click the NVIDIA Control Panel to see if you could get access to the display settings this time. If the NVIDIA display settings are still not available, try the method below.
Outdated, incorrectly configured or broken NVIDIA graphics driver is not compatible with the Windows operating system and may cause display problems like ghost touch screen issue, “display driver stopped responding and has recovered” error, graphics error 43, etc. Also, it will stop you from launching the NVIDIA control panel. So you need to reinstall the NVIDIA graphics driver for the Windows 10 computer.
You can go to the NVIDIA official site and download the proper version of the display driver. Then go to the Device Manager to uninstall and reinstall the video driver update.
1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + X.
2. Select the Device Manager.
3. Expand the Display adapter entry.
4. Right-click the NVIDIA device and select the Uninstall device.
5. Check the Delete the driver software for this device.
6. Click the Uninstall.
7. After that, go to the Action menu for Scan for hardware changes.
8. Follow the on-screen instruction and install the driver you’ve downloaded.
If you’re not familiar with the driver installation process or if you are bothered with the time-consuming operations, it’s recommended to use a one-click solution, Driver Talent, to repair the NVIDIA graphics driver issue and troubleshoot the “NVIDIA control panel won’t open” problem.
Driver Talent is the professional driver manager and it offers the NVIDIA official graphics drivers. It can recognize your NVIDIA display device and match the compatible driver versions. Click the button below to get the driver updates directly.
Here are 3 easy steps to uninstall and reinstall the NVIDIA graphics driver:
1. Click the Scan to detect the faulty drivers on your Windows 10 PC.
2. Go to the Uninstall menu to uninstall the NVIDIA video driver.
3. Go to the Download & Update menu and select the best-matched driver version. It will automatically download and install the NVIDIA driver.
Note: Perform a restart to make the driver take effect. Don’t forget to create a system restore point and back up all the drivers before any changes so that you can quickly restore the system and the drivers once the computer get stuck on other serious issues.
Try opening the NVIDIA control panel in the Control Panel. You will never see the “NVIDIA Display settings are not available” error message.
If the above tip is still not working, you might need to check your NVIDIA graphics hardware device or wait for a hotfix by NVIDIA. If you have any questions on fixing the “NVIDIA control panel won’t open” problem on Windows 10 desktop or laptop, please drop a line below in the comment section, or click the LEFT MENU for more technical support. Any Windows 10-related issues please see Windows 10 Issues and Fix.
|ExplorerMax||Driver Talent for Network Card|
|Smart and advanced file explorer tool for Windows platforms||Download & Install Network Drivers without Internet Connection|
|30-day Free Trial||Free Download|