Nov. 06, 2018 / Updated by Bessie Shaw to Windows Driver Solutions
HID-compliant mouse uses HID-compliant mouse driver, which is a universal and standard driver. The acronym HID comes from Human Interface Device, a type of computer device to the USB specification that interacts directly with humans.
When your HID-compliant mouse is not working properly or Windows fails to detect and install the HID-compliant mouse driver automatically, you won’t be able to see HID-compliant mouse appearing under the Human Interface Devices entry (sometimes also under the Mice and other pointing devices entry) in the Device Manager, or you may encounter mouse cursor disappearing or mouse lagging issue as well. Plus, malware or virus can also result in the problem.
In that case, you need to download and reinstall the HID-compliant mouse driver and fix the issue manually. If not, other computer problems may the continuity of your office work.
You could use a PS/2 mouse or the touchpad to follow the steps below to download and install the HID-compliant mouse driver for Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, etc.
1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + R to launch Run,
2. Type devmgmt.msc into the dialog box.
3. Hit the Enter key.
4. Expand the Human Interface Devices entry or the Mice and other pointing devices entry to see if there is a yellow sign beside the HID-compliant mouse device. Or expand the Unknown devices entry for devices with the yellow signs.
1. Right click on the HID-compliant mouse with the sign
2. Select Uninstall. This will uninstall the HID-compliant mouse driver.
1. Right click on the entry (Human Interface Devices or the Mice and other pointing devices)
2. Select Scan for hardware changes to make Windows download and install the driver automatically.
Or click on the unknown device with the sign, and select Update Driver Software. This will also make Windows detect and download the HID-compliant mouse driver automatically.
Note: When Windows fails to download and install the driver, you need to download and reinstall it manually.
If the HID-compliant mouse driver you’ve downloaded from the Internet is in .exe format, you can double click on the file and install the driver according to the instruction.
If the driver file is in in .inf format, type the syntax below into the Command Prompt to install the driver.
C:\> rundll32 syssetup,SetupInfObjectInstallAction DefaultInstall 128 .\(your driver file).inf
1. It must be done when you run Command Prompt as Administrator.
2. This method may be not for those who have a clean installed Windows 10 Anniversary (version 1607) PC, which doesn’t allow the users to install drivers without digital signature. For more information, see Fix: Driver Signature Issue on Windows 10 Anniversary.
Since manually downloading drivers is never easy and time-consuming, instead of the manual HID-compliant mouse drivers download and install, you can try Driver Talent to download drivers automatically. Use a PS/2 mouse or the touchpad to click the button below and get the driver directly.
Here are 3 easy steps to make it.
1. Click the Scan to detect all the faulty drivers on the computer.
2. Click the Update button to download and install the best-match HID-compliant mouse driver. Or go to the Peripheral Drivers menu to install the driver.
3. Restart the computer to make the driver changes take effect.
This all in one driver update utility will also help you fix the HID-compliant mouse driver problem for Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista and XP. For more information, click here.
Thank you for visiting this post. Hope this article can be a reference for you to download HID-compliant mouse driver. If you fail to find the HID-compliant mouse driver, please comment below or go to the LEFT MENU on this page for more technical support.
Any other Windows driver-related issues please check solutions in our Windows Driver Solutions.
Other Mouse-related Issues and Solutions:
|ExplorerMax||Driver Talent for Network Card|
|Smart and advanced file explorer tool for Windows platforms||Download & Install Network Drivers without Internet Connection|
|30-day Free Trial||Free Download|