Boosting FPS can enable high-performance gaming. FPS, short for Frames Per Second, is used to measure the refresh frequency of the image on the screen. The higher the FPS value is, the smoother the video/image motion appears. For games fanciers, higher FPS enables the consecutive gaming display and lower FPS affects the experience and even triggers game crashes.
Most of the games can run properly if the computer FPS is between 30 and 60. The former is the baseline to enable game playability while the latter is for real-time or multiplayer games, like BioShock. 120 is an ideal FPS for some reaction-based games, like CS:GO. So to gain good gaming experience, it is important to boost FPS to over 30 or even 60.
After the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, many Windows users have reported that they failed to play PC games like CS:GO, PUBG, Batman Arkham Knight, etc. due to the FPS dropping problem. Luckily, we've got answers for you to increase FPS to over 60 on your Fall Creators Update computer.
You can follow the four viable methods to increase FPS on your Windows 10.
If you have NVIDIA display device installed on your computer, you can follow the steps to increase FPS.
1. Right-click your desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel. (Note: If there's no display context menu, you can go to Windows Control Panel to find it.)
2. Under the 3D Settings, go to the Adjust image settings with preview entry.
3. On the right pane, choose the Use my preference emphasizing option. Slide the slider to the very end of Performance.
4. Click the Apply button to save the changes.
This will help to boost FPS in games.
If you encounter problems with NVIDIA settings during the changes, you can go to the posts below for solutions:
Windows 10 Fall Creators Update is the latest Windows OS but most of the computer games cannot be properly compatible with the new OS. In this case, you can modify the file properties to change the game compatibility.
1. Go to the folder that stores the .EXE file of the game. Right-click it and select Properties.
2. Choose the Compatibility tab.
3. Under the Compatibility mode, check Run this program in compatibility mode for. Then select Windows 7 from the drop-down menu.
4. Check Override high DPI scaling behavior. Then select the Application from the drop-down menu of Scaling perform by.
5. Check Run this program as an administrator.
6. Click the Apply and the OK button.
After that, your game FPS value may be increased by 10 to 40.
You can also prevent FPS from dropping by stop the Xbox recording on Windows 10.
1. Use Windows shortcut keysWin + I to launch the Settings.
2. Go to the Gaming menu.
3. Select the Game DVR tab.
4. On the right pane, toggle the switch of Record in the background while I'm playing a game to OFF.
Now launch your game again to see if this can increase FPS.
The latest Windows 10 update is still far from perfect and newly annoying bugs crop up every day, such as 100% disk usage issue, high CPU usage glitch, and other problems that can result in low FPS. Too many background-running processes can trigger game FPS drop. In this case, you can go to Task Manager to end such programs, applications or processes which occupy large CPU/memory/disk usage during the game.
Also, you use some game-speed-up tools to help to boost FPS. Conqueror Live is a small size component in Driver Talent that can temporarily cease the auto running programs during your gaming.
You can get the component utility directly via the download button below.
Here are 3 easy steps to increase FPS value to over 60:
1. Launch Driver Talent and go to the Toolbox. Click the Conqueror Live icon.
2. Under the Boost tab. Click Custom Configure above the Optimize button of Operation Acceleration.
3. Check the items as required and click the Optimize button.
After that, do the same steps to the Boost System and the Internet Speed. You keep Conqueror Live running as you're playing the games. It will help to temporarily end those redundant processes and increase the low game FPS to a higher level.
Any questions on how to boost low game FPS, please drop a line in the comment section below. For more technical support, you could click the LEFT MENU on this page. If you run into any Windows gaming-related issues, please check out the Game Solutions sector.
Other Game-related Posts You May Also Interest in:
|ExplorerMax||Driver Talent for Network Card|
|Smart and advanced file explorer tool for Windows platforms||Download & Install Network Drivers without Internet Connection|
|30-day Free Trial||Free Download|