Jun. 24, 2022 / Updated by Helia to Windows 10
Part of the Windows users may find no Elan touchpad tab appear on the mouse settings pane after the Windows 10 upgrade. Some may have the Elan tab or other mouse settings options grayed out when they are going to modify the Elan touchpad settings. No Elan touchpad tab or settings on your Windows 10 computer is, usually, the result of many factors, such as the touchpad related hardware, incorrectly configured pointing device settings, improper Elan touchpad driver, etc.
It is quite inconvenient if the Elan touchpad not working normally when you carry the notebook like Asus, HP, Lenovo and more on the go without a mouse. So today let’s see how to fix no Elan touchpad tab in the mouse settings.
There are a top 3 methods you can adopt to fix no Elan tab in mouse settings. With that said, it’s important to note that some of the solutions require some intermediate computer knowledge. If you are basic computer skills with very little knowledge of the Windows inner workings, it is recommended you make use of the automated methods.
When you encounter no Elan tab problem, it is better to make sure there are no problems with the Elan touchpad related hardware. You need to do the check in case you waste time on other useless computer operations if there’s definitely issue with the touchpad itself.
1. Check the Elan touchpad, make sure it is intact. Use a moist cloth to wipe the touchpad vertically and horizontally, and then clean it with a dry cloth.
2. Make sure the function keys are available. The function shortcuts vary from the PC brands. You can enable the touchpad feature by pressing the function shortcut keys Fn + Fx (x=1/2/3/4, etc.). If the keys malfunction, you may need to send the laptop to repair.
If there’s no problem with the hardware, then you can to the methods provided below to fix the issue.
BIOS is used to control the basic functions of the computer, and if there are hardware issues like no Elan touchpad or mouse and keyboard not working, you can enter the BIOS on your computer to make a check and reset the BIOS to the factory default state.
1. Enter the BIOS on your computer.
2. Find Reset to default, Factory Default, Load setup defaults, Setup Defaults, Clear BIOS settings, or something similar to that in the BIOS with the arrow keys (The option often varies in different BIOS). Use the Enter key to confirm the operation and default the BIOS settings.
3. Save the changes and exit BIOS.
Now boot your computer to see if everything is working properly and the Elan touchpad tab appears in the mouse settings. If not, enter the BIOS again and do the following.
1. Find something in BIOS that you can apply to switch the mouse type from advanced to simple (the PS/2 port mode).
2. Save the changes and exit BIOS.
3. Boot into the computer and check the mouse properties to see if this works.
Faulty Elan Touchpad drivers, including outdated, incorrectly configured, missing and incompatible touchpad drivers can also result in no Elan tab problem in the mouse settings. Besides, faulty drivers cause computer issues like no mouse pointer/cursor bug, mouse laagging, Windows 10 mouse cursor disappearing, MTP connection problem, etc. as well. So you need to check and reinstall the Elan Touchpad driver on your Windows 10 computer.
1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + I to launch the Jump List.
2. Select the Device Manger.
3. Go to the View menu.
4. Select the Show hidden devices.
5. Expand the Mice and other pointing devices or find the Elan touchpad device through the entries.
6. Right click the device to select Uninstall to remove all the touchpad devices.
7. Go to the Action menu.
8. Select Scan for hardware changes.
9. Then Windows will note you to update the driver. You can follow the instructions on the screen to reinstall the Elan touchpad driver.
10. Restart the computer to make the driver changes take effect.
You may want to check out:
Though Windows Update can reinstall the touchpad driver, it cannot find issues in the drivers. Sometimes, you need to reinstall the driver with a specific version, so it is recommended to use an automated solution: Driver Talent, the professional driver download, and update utility. It can help you uninstall and reinstall the best-match Elan Touchpad driver in the correct version with just one click and finally, fix the Elan tab problem. (Click the button to get it directly.)
After you launch Driver Talent, go to the Uninstall menu to remove the touchpad driver. Then go to the Download & Update menu to do a scan and select the Elan driver in proper version to reinstall.
When it finishes the driver reinstall, perform a restart to make the driver changes take effect. And then go to the mouse settings to see if the Elan Touchpad tab appears.
Note: It is better to backup drivers before any driver changes in case other system errors occur suddenly.
That's it. All of the above are the possible best solution for fixing no Elan touchpad tab in mouse settings on Windows 10. If you have any questions or solutions for the Elan touchpad tab issue, you can inform us by the comment or click the LEFT MENU on this page. If you have any other Windows 10-related issues, see Windows 10 section on this site.
Lenovo IdeaPad 320 Touchpad Not Working after Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
How to Fix Touchpad Not Working after Windows 10 Anniversary Update
Top 4 Fixes for Touchpad Not Working after Windows 10 Creators Update Issue
Top 4 Methods to Download Synaptics Touchpad Driver for Windows 10
|ExplorerMax||Driver Talent for Network Card|
|Smart and advanced file explorer tool for Windows platforms||Download & Install Network Drivers without Internet Connection|
|30-day Free Trial||Free Download|